Friday 28 October 2011

A day out (Yay!).. in Glasgow (Boo!)

Friday... should I say Woo!?  It seems that everyone on my Facebook this morning was excited it was Friday and they were all mentally preparing themselves for a weekend of going out, fun, cocktails etc... Me on the other hand had a trip into Glasgow planned and four service assessing jobs to do... not my idea of fun but it did mean breakfast and lunch was paid for and I still earned a small fee for each job.

Long gone are my days of going out and having fun... actually I don't know if I have ever experienced that looking forward to the weekend to get dolled up and go out. Well, I probably have but it was most likely way more than 21 years ago... and I don't remember that far back!  I love my nights with my family and I know how blessed I am to have such a loving family but I wonder what it's like to get all dolled up, music playing as you get ready, planning what to wear, the excitement of meeting friends and then tasting lots of cocktails... think I've tried two cocktails in my life and one of them was on holiday!

Anyway... Glasgow...  I'm not a huge fan of Glasgow City Centre, most due to the Chuggers (Charity Muggers)... you can't move in Buchanan Street for people asking you to donate or sign up for something.  Don't get me wrong I am not against any charity and the simple bucket shakers are fine.  We donate to charity every year... instead of receiving  Christmas gifts from family and friends we ask them to donate to our chosen charity.  This year we chose Anthony Nolan (our page is here: https://www.justgiving.com/applemajik).

Our trip to Glasgow was OK, the City Centre has changed quite a bit since my last visit, well the shops have.... I was especially surprised at how good St Enoch centre was, some of the new shops were lovely... although we didn't go into the individual shops, it was a window shopping day!  I would have liked to have shopped in Ness, it looked lush... oh yes and Lush it smelt so so gorgeous as we walked up Buchanan Street!  I do hope I get into the store after Christmas and pick up some grab bags that Transatlantic Blonde told me about.

Something fun we saw at Hamley's...



Planning a trip to Braehead and Ikea at the weekend... rock and roll :)

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment